Monday, November 16, 2009

Katie Montgomery's Thoughts on the Mom Heart Conference

And now, our very first guest blogger on Keeping Up With The King's Kids, former KWCOC member and mom to 4 boys, Katie Montgomery. This is her response to the question, "why do you love this conference so much, what would our Moms get out of it, and why should they go this year?"

I have always left her seminars feeling inspired and invigorated to be what God wants of me as a mother and discipler to my children. Not guilt-ridden or burdened with a weight of unreachable expectations, as sometimes is the case with similar conferences. Sally Clarkson is obviously Spirit-led and speaks with such grace and understanding about the challenges and blessings of being a Godly mother!
She has a deep passion for meeting moms where they are...and empowering others who feel called to reach out to the women around them. Her message is practical and timeless, you laugh and sometimes cry...there are "a-ha!" moments as you clarify thoughts about mothering, and plenty of "ahhh" times too where you just sit back and let the words feed your spirit. I would pay twice the price to go! My husband looks forward to it almost as much as I do simply because he has seen the wonderful effect that the conference has on me, and our family, year after year! I pray that you can find a way to be a part of this blessed weekend!!


Ahhh, thanks Katie! You are a blessing too. We miss you around here :)

No comments: