These are the objectives that your child should be familiar with by the end of the 1st rotation, which concludes in mid-October.
Theme: God loved us so much that He sent His only Son to save us.
Scripture Reference: Matthew 2, Luke 2, Micah 5:2
Memory Verse: John 3:16, Luke 2:52
Application: Like Jesus, we should grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.
What your child should know at the conclusion of the 6 weeks:
1) Children will know the names of all four gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
2) Children will know the story of Jesus birth and childhood and be able to recall the story.
3) Children will know the meaning of the words: gospel, Messiah, prophet, salvation, wisdom and stature.
4) Children will be able to explain the meaning of the name "Jesus" ("the Lord Saves") and recite several other names by which Jesus is known.
5) Children will be able to recite the two Bible verses.
Other facts they will begin to learn and understand:
1) Children will begin to have a general understanding of the geography of the Holy Lands, in particular, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, and Nazareth as well as the location of the country of Egypt.
2) Children will understand that the Old Testament was written in Hebrew and New Testament in Greek.