Monday, January 10, 2011

A Thank You Note from Maj S. Brackin: US Army

Not too long ago, the children in our ministry drew pictures to be sent to the troops serving in Iraq. I had forgotten that we had taken this opportunity until today, when we received a thank you note from Maj S. Brackin. In fact, I'm having a Mommy Moment in that I can't even remember when we did this project but I remember the kids working so hard on their pictures! Several of our children participated in this project and while he is referring to one of the pictures that he received I'm sure each member of the armed forces that received a picture was equally touched. I thought I'd share it with you all. I've stapled it to the bulletin board if you'd like to drop by and check it out. It would be a good reminder to your children how a little act of kindness is serving the world in the name of Christ.

I received your wonderful drawing - a beautiful butterfly, orange with blue wings, surrounded by hearts and flowers. It made me think of my little boy and girl at home in Austin, Texas. Your drawing reached me in Basrah, Iraq on December 6th, 2010. I found it at the 450 on my way to the gym. Thank you for supporting the men and women of our armed forces who are far from home and loved ones this Christmas. God Bless You! Maj. S. Brackin, US Army, 36th Infantry Division.

No comments: