Art Camp 2012 is going green with our new theme, Upcycle. Upcycle is the idea of taking something ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary. Your trash is going to be our treasure!
The Art Camp committee is asking you to collect the following items:
- 250 glass jars with labels peeled off (12 to 32 oz)
- 320 cereal boxes
- 200 prepaid magazine subscription cards (you know the annoying ones in your magazines)
- 300 kids shoe box lids
- 200 applesauce cups
- 200 pudding or yogurt cups
- puzzle pieces
- colored comics from the newspaper (must be color)
- small bubble bubble wrap
- Lots and lots of metal washers - MEN CLEAN OUT THOSE TOOLBOXES!
- Old sewing patterns - we will be using the tissue so you won't get it back.
Additional Art Camp News
~ Art Camp: Upcycle will focus on the miracles of Jesus. We need four storytellers. The storytellers should be comfortable developing and telling a Bible story using very creative methods. You will have a room that will need decorations and you will tell the story at least 12 times over 4 days. YES, this is a tall order! But, we think it is a great theme and a good time to add a Bible story center to Art Camp. Let me know if you think you might be one of storytellers.
~ Beginning in 2012, the class for four year olds will only be open to the children of volunteers (must volunteer for the entire four days). We want to give these little ones additional time to complete their projects in a lower key environment. Susan Maxwell will be leading this class.